XP Expansion Joint
Externally Pressurized Expansion Joint
- Used for long axial movements
- Self Draining Convolutions
- Integral cover and liner
- Typically used steam distribution systems and LNG applications
- They can be buried or above ground
- Piping must be properly anchored and guided. Intermediate anchors are required between xpress expansion joints.
- Full vacuum to 2000 psig depending on size
- Cryogenic to 1650°F+
- Sizes from 1” NPS to > 240” NPS
- 3XX Series Stainless Steel
- Nickel Alloys
- Carbon Steel
- Bellows may be attached or linked to piping flanges, pipe, or other typical industrial connections.
- End connections may conform to standards such as ASME B16.5, ASME B36.10, or customer designed.
- Fittings may be the same at each end or different.
- Single circular metal bellows, or 1 or more convolutions.
- System pressure is applied to only the outside surface of the bellows.
- Typical dimensions of 2” ANSINPS
to 100” ID. Overall length may vary, typically within the range of 26” to 120”.
- Bellows may include reinforcement or controlling members.
- Convolutions are U shaped.
- Additional accessories maybe incorporated such as drains, anchor load bearing restraints.
- Absorbs piping (thermal) movement, primarily axial but may include small lateral and/or angular movements.
- Movement amplitude varies, typically within the range of 3” to 16”.
- Movement frequency may be extreme low cycle (1 per year), or high cyclic (such as vibration at 60 Hz).