RT Expansion Joint
Rectangular Expansion Joint
- 3XX Series Stainless Steel
- Nickel Alloys
- Carbon Steel
- Bellows may be attached or linked to angle or plate flanges, or duct sections.
- End connections may conform to ducting sizes, or customer designed
- Fittings may be the same at each end or different.
- Corners are typically 90 degree, but may also be rounded.
- One or two rectangular flow area metal bellows, each with 1 or more convolutions.
- Typical dimensions of 12” x 12” minimum, up to 240” square. Overall length may vary, typically within the range of 12” to 100”.
- Convolutions are U shaped or V shaped.
- Additional accessories may be incorporated such as load bearing restraints, movement limiters, protection devices.
- Absorbs ducting thermal movement, primarily axial but may include small lateral and/or angular movements.
- Movement amplitude varies, typically within the range of 1/8” to 8”.
- Movement frequency typically is low cycle (1 to 100 cycles per year).