AS Expansion Joint
Single Metal Expansion Joint
- Simplest, most economical design
- Accepts axial, lateral, angular movements
- Versatile and common throughout all industries
- Use of tie rods contain pressure thrust. Can also include hinges or gimbals
The unrestrained EJ is appropriate for any application where pressure thrust can be handled by external anchorage.
- Full vacuum to 2000 psig depending on size
- Cryogenic to 1650°F+
- Sizes from 1” NPS to > 240” NPS
- 3XX Series Stainless Steel
- Nickel Alloys
- Carbon Steel
- Bellows may be attached or linked to piping flanges, pipe, or other typical
- End connections may conform to standards such as ASME B16.5, ASME B36.10, or customer designed
- Fittings may be the same at each end or different.
- Single circular metal bellows, or 1 or more convolutions.
- Typical dimensions of ½” ANSI NPS to 240” ID. Overall length may vary,
typically within the range of 6” to 30”.
- Bellows may include reinforcement or controlling members
- Convolutions may be U shaped or toroidal
- Additional accessories may be incorporated such as load bearing
restraints, movement limiters, protection devices
- Absorbs piping (thermal) movement, primarily axial but could include lateral
and angular movements
- Movement amplitude varies, typically within the range of 1/32” to 6”.
- Movement frequency may be extreme low cycle (1 per year), or high cyclic
(such as vibration at 60 Hz)